httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Premature end of script headers
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:12:07 GMT
Ravindra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have been using Apache 2.0.59, and our application as running fine.
> When we upgrade Apache to 2.2.10, we start getting "500 Internal
> Server Error" consistently.
>
> After looking at error.log, we found following logs:

> [Tue Nov 18 18:23:28 2008] [error] [client a.b.c.d] Premature end of
> script headers: our_application.exe
Well, that basically means that your script "our_application.exe" is
launched by Apache, but then it crashes right away for some reason of
its own, before even returning any result to the browser.
One reason might be that it is trying to read from somewhere or write
somewhere and does not have the permission to do it.
(Ir runs under the same user-id as your Apache server).

There can however be many reasons, so what is "our_application.exe" and
what is it trying to do ?