httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Doubek <pdou...@xmission.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd 2.2.8 not responding to client requests
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:30:51 GMT
Well... thanks for the input... it was the firewall after all. I had
used the GUI to "disable" it but it must have still been running. I
edited the /etc/sysconfig/iptables files per another article I found and
bounced the server... still didn't work. I finally went back into the
GUI Firewall admin tool, enabled the firewall, and told it to pass
traffic for ports 80 and 443. Now I can hit the web server from both the
SuSE and WinXP boxes. I guess it won't hurt to have a firewall on this
machine, but since it's only a development server and it's sitting
behind my Internet firewall I intended to get the Fedora firewall out of
the way.

Thanks again, Morgan, for the advice.

Paul Doubek