httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul McFerrin <pmcfer...@columbus.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] debugging <VirtualHosts>
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2008 07:20:58 GMT
My Virtual Hosts are not working..

Here is the scoop.  Running Apache 1.3 and have the following
configuration file:
   NameVirtualHost pmcferrin.homedns.org:80
[[default virtual hosts definitons]]
<VirtualHost    pmcferrin.homedns.org:80>
       DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs
       ServerName mcferrin.homedns.org
       ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
       CustomLog logs/access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost genealogy.homedns.org:80>
       VirtualDocumentRoot /e/genealogy
       ##DocumentRoot /e/genealogy
       ServerName genealogy.homedns.org
       ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
       CustomLog logs/access_log common
</VirtualHost>

I have TWO domain names pointing to the same host machine.  I ran
apachectl configtest whth no errors.  I tried using IP address for the
container; no go.  It seems to be setting the first VirtualHost only.

My Dynamic DNS has both domains with the same IP.  I'm trying to get
BOTH domains to respond with their different web page,  I want to avoid
using IP address to minimize maintenance

What gives?  Not find anything useful in the FAQ's.

You can view my COMPLETE httpd.conf file at:
http://pmcferrin.homedns.org/httpd.conf