httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@newmediagateway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with .htaccess file
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:56:32 GMT
Reynier Perez Mira wrote:
>> Try increasing your RewriteLogLevel (something like RewriteLogLevel 3)
>> in your apache config (you may have to set RewriteLog also). Then look
>> through the log to see exactly how it is rewriting the request.
>>

> Where I change these values? I look in apache2.conf file and nothing like "RewriteLogLevel"
and "RewriteLog" appear. I try writing this inside the Virtual Host definition, then restart
Apache but nothing happens when I access the page the error still appearing. I found a site
called www.askapache.com and check this page [1] in which I see information about the directives
allowed in .htaccess and none of them is presented.

> [1] http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/apache-htaccess.html
> Regards,
> Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira
> Dirección Técnica IP

You will have to add the RewriteLogLevel and RewriteLog directives (they
do not appear in a default apache config). They can be set within the
global apache config or the VirtualHost directive. The purpose of the
logs is not to eliminate the error, but to try to see how the URLs are
being rewritten. Add the directives, try to access the page, then look
at the log file (specified by RewriteLog) to see exactly how apache is
trying to rewrite it.

--
Justin Pasher