httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@newmediagateway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with .htaccess file
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:22:45 GMT
Reynier Perez Mira wrote:
>> You can add an
>> exception before it to avoid this
>>
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php$
>> RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$ index.php
>>

> Well, now my .htaccess file is this:
>
> php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
> php_flag register_globals off
> RewriteEngine On
>
> RewriteBase   /webacula
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php$
> RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$ index.php
>
> But I still having the same error:
>
> Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error.
Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get
a backtrace.

Try increasing your RewriteLogLevel (something like RewriteLogLevel 3)
in your apache config (you may have to set RewriteLog also). Then look
through the log to see exactly how it is rewriting the request. As a
matter of fact, the rewrite worked for me without the RewriteCond set
(since RewriteRule defaults to an internal rewrite, apache might not
reprocess the rewrite rules because they are in an .htaccess file versus
the apache config). Maybe you have other rewrite rules somewhere else?

The above .htaccess directives work for me if I use them in the
following settings

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
    ServerName      foo.localhost
    DocumentRoot    /var/www/foo