httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to start as service
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:48:11 GMT
Hi.

You may want to verify that Apache's logfiles are actually writeable by
the user under which Apache runs (or should run) as a service.
If you have run Apache before from the command-line as Administrator, it
may have created logfiles unwriteable by anyone else.
This would prevent Apache from writing the reason of the start failure
to the logfile.
Alternatively, log off the system, login again as this Apache user, and
then try to run it in a command window.