httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Gingras <francois.ging...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htaccess redirect URL fragment problem with Safari browser
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 15:08:50 GMT
Robert,

The issue is simple here: The www.utexas.edu site automatically
redirects to utexas.edu with mod_rewrite (see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/rewriteguide.html#url). As you
know, and as I explained to you several times now, mod_rewrite cannot
see or capture the initial anchor, so it cannot use it in the redirection.

The resulting URL is then
http://utexas.edu/student/registrar/schedules/092/regrules/all.html
(notice the stripped anchor).

If you were to access
http://utexas.edu/student/registrar/schedules/092/regrules/all.html#acc
directly, every browser would jump directly to the anchor without a problem.

Frank