httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Gingras <francois.ging...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htaccess redirect URL fragment problem with Safari browser
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 23:14:08 GMT
Robert,

You CAN enter the URL directly in a browser, and the page 'should'
scroll down to the anchor (<a name='foo'>). A sample URL would be:
http://hostname/foo#bar.

Now, a rule is allowed to redirect to an anchor. It simply cannot match
or capture it.

To address your issue with Safari, I have several co-workers that use
it, and they never reported that issue.