httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Kerberos issues
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:18:05 GMT
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Carsten Aulbert
<carsten.aulbert@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we experience something weird here. We are running Apache 2.2.3 with
> mod_auth kerb 5.3 on Debian Etch. Authentication against a remote
> Kerberos server (V5) works but when I access web pages with a lot of
> (embedded) images, several pop-ups appear, asking me to identify myself
> again.

Normally, your browser doesn't bother you if it has already prompted
you for a matching REALM and the host/port/path of the subsequent
request is "underneath" the first place it authenticated. How are the
URL's your re-prompted for related to the first URL?
--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com