httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] TimeOut directive in virtual host context
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:28:38 GMT
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Russell Uman <russ@firebus.com> wrote:

> howdy!
>
> TimeOut claims it can be set per-virtual host
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#timeout
>
> however, when i set TimeOut inside a <VirtualHost> container, it seems like
> the new timeout (which is shorter than the default) is applied to all my
> vhosts.
>
> i'm using name-based virtual hosts.
>
> is the documentation incorrect, or am i missing something?

Only thing I can think of is: if you change the TimeOut in your
default (first-listed) named-based vhost, and test the timeout by
seeing how long apache will  wait to read request headers, it would
look like the more specific TimeOuts are not being used.  This is the
case for a handful of directives that operate extremely early on the
request info (LimitRequest*, AllowEncodedSlashes, Timeout).

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com