httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rick Bragg <li...@gmnet.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] encodings getting decoded...
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:45:50 GMT
I'm using the latest FireFox on Linux.  I am building a web application
where these URL's are created dynamically based on a users input in a
"title" field.  I am filtering their input and encoding it, I guess it
would be best to just delete them with the filter.  Is there a list of
all these characters somewhere that I can look at do build my filter?

Thanks!
Rick

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 11:37 -0800, Dan Udey wrote:
> Sounds like a browser issue. My browser (Safari) doesn't do that. Are
> you using Internet Explorer? Try another browser.
>
> Also, it's bad practice to have non-URL-safe characters in the URL,
> encoded or not.
>
> On 14-Nov-08, at 11:16 AM, Rick Bragg wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with file name encodings in URL's, and I don't know
> > if
> > it is a browser or a server issue
> >
> > I have a file like this:
> >
> > http://test.com/Testfile_%22Test%27s%22.html
> >
> > but when I try to browse to it, it gets re-written to the following
> > and
> > causes a 404.
> >
> > http://test.com/Testfile_"Test's".html
> >
> > Is this something that apache is doing? If so, what should I do to
> > make
> > sure that it does not get decoded like this?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Rick

believed to be clean.