httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hollie Hollis" <Hollie_Hol...@DRGnetwork.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd.exe -k restart not working on Windows console
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:27:00 GMT
You might want to try uninstalling httpd, then reinstalling but this time
tell it to put it in c:\apache\ instead of letting it drop into the default
Program Files location. I suspect something isn't liking all the spaces in
the path to the binary file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Hipp [mailto:Michael@Hipp.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 2:09 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] httpd.exe -k restart not working on Windows console

I've installed Apache 2.2.10 on my Windows XP laptop for testing purposes. I

did *not* install it as a service but am running it as a console application

on port 80.

According to this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html#wincons

I should be able to do 'httpd.exe -k restart' to have it reload so I can
test
different configurations easily. But when I do that it says:

 >"C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin\httpd.exe" -k
restart
[Sat Nov 22 13:32:31 2008] [error] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file
specified.  : No installed service named "Apache2.2".

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?

Thanks,
Michael Hipp
Heber Springs, Arkansas, USA