httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zhen Zhou" <zhouzhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] vhosts problem
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 02:22:52 GMT
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

>> but I still got error when I access www.abc.org:
>> [Thu Oct 23 22:37:33 2008] [error] [client 123.115.174.137]
>> (13)Permission denied: access to /abcorg/index.htm denied.
>>
>> Is there any folder permission I need to set in /var/www/html/abcorg ?
>
> On linux, namei -m /var/www/html/abcorg gives you a nice  concise view.
>
> Every dir has to be readable by the apache user (usually the "other"
> permissions), and the final directory also must be executable.  This
> could also be SELinux, if that's possible on your system.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/13PermissionDenied
>
> --
> Eric Covener
> covener@gmail.com

Thanks very much for your help.

Here is folder permission status:
 namei -m /var/www/html/abcorg/
f: /var/www/html/abcorg/
 drwxr-xr-x /
 drwxr-xr-x var
 drwxr-xr-x www
 drwxr-xr-x html
 drwxr-xr-x abcorg

meanwhile I checked with selinux config, it is enforced, I tried
setenforce 0, now all the problem is gone.
but now I doubt that, selinux enforced will conflicted with normal
httpd? if selinux enforced, how to config
httpd run well?

TIA
Zhou