httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rodney Ramos" <rodne...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap module and Microsoft AD LDAP Server
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:59:30 GMT
I´m trying to use the mod_authnz_ldap module to authenticate the users in a
Microsoft AD LDAP Server, but I´m having a lot of problems.

The only configuration that worked was:

AuthName "XXXX"
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://ldapserver:3268/dc=domain,dc=com?cn"
AuthLDAPBindDN "ldap_bind_user"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "ldap_bind_psw"
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
Require valid-user

Questions:

1) Why should we use the port 3268 instead of the default one, 389?

2) Why must we set the AuthzLDAPAuthoritative directive to off?

The second problem occurred when I tried to make Apache authenticate the
users first in a LDAP server and after, if it doens´t find the user there,
in a flat file. So I add the follow line, before the "Require valid-user"
line:

AuthUserFile /tmp/htpasswd.txt

The problem is that Apache doesn´t try to use the flat file to authenticante
the users. It only uses the LDAP authenticate module, even though the
directive AuthzLDAPAuthoritative is set to off.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks