httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul B. Henson" <hen...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSI/server-side includes and symbolic links/SymlinkIfOwnerMatch
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:36:59 GMT
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:

> If you are not using RewriteRules then in .htaccess write
>
> Options -FollowSymLinks
>
> This will disable the working of RewriteRules also!
>
> If you are using RewriteRules, create a symlink and using FilesMatch
> specify the above option for the symlink name.

My objective is to have SymlinkIfOwnerMatch apply; I actually did try
putting -FollowSymLinks in a top level <Directory /> config, but the SSI
include *still* followed the symlink.

My question is whether or not it is expected that SSI includes will ignore
the Apache symbolic link following configuration, or if it is a bug? (Or
if I'm just doing something stupid, which is always a possibility)...

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson@csupomona.edu