httpd-users mailing list archives

From Odili Charles <chal...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] JAD And JAR MIME Issue
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:28:52 GMT
I am trying to test a very simple J2ME MIDlet application that I developed that just says Hello
World. For mobile devices (or mobile emulators) to be able to download and install the sample
application, I uploaded it to my local apache webserver and added a .htaccess file to the
root of the sample donwload site so as to let apache respond with the rigth mimes for the
JAD and JAR files. My .htaccess file contains the following :

# JavaME
AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor .jad
AddType application/java-archive .jar

but I continue to get errors that suggest that apache still does not handle the JAD mime type
properly. I used a firefox  plugin called Tamper Data, that lets me see request and response
headers and the response header for the JAD file (even after the configurations with the .htaccess
file) is text/plain instead of text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor that I suppose it should be.
 Please what am I missing about setting the mime type for JAD files to allow OTA provisioning
for mobile devices.

Cheers.