httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Kemper <ctkem...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] change BalancerMember status if servlet fails
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:46:35 GMT
I'm using httpd 2.2.9 on windows. I've configured a simple load balancer with 2 servlet backends,
as follows:

  <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
      BalancerMember ajp://host1:8009/myservlet route=tomcat1
      BalancerMember ajp://host2:8009/myservlet route=tomcat2
  </Proxy>

Load balancing among the servlets is working as expected. Failover works too, when one of
the tomcats fails, or when I mark one of the worker URLs as disabled via the Balance Manager.
All very nice!

My question: If the servlet fails (e.g. returns a 50x http error), is there some way I can
use that to set the corresponding BalanceMember status to Err or Dis? Currently the load balancer
continues to select the failed servlet.  I've tried using an http connector rather than ajp
in the BalancerMember URLs but that made no difference.

Any ideas?

thanks,
CK