httpd-users mailing list archives

From Li Xin <ni...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Cannot change User for httpd.exe with Apache2.2 for Windows
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 06:39:02 GMT
Hi,

I just installed a Apache2.2 for Windows today. Following the installation instructions, I
changed the 'User' in httpd.conf from 'daemon' to my local user-name, and then restarted httpd.exe.
 I saved a file from the browser and found the owner of the file is 'Administrators'. In fact,
I don't have an 'Administrators' user in my laptop. Instead, it is a group name. I cannot
figure out why the Apache doesn't take my change of the User.

Thanks,

-- Xin