httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sascha Kersken ...@lingoworld.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can use "Alias" out of root directory?
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:43:22 GMT
Hi,

> Can I set "Alias" in httpd.conf to point to directory that is not
> under the root directory?
> Lets say I have folder "A", folder "B" (under "A") and folder "C"
> (under "B")
> I also have folder "D" (under "A").
> My root directory point to folder "C".
> Can I set Alias for folder "D" or it will out of scope?

you can set Aliases for any directory available via your filesystem as
the second argument is a directory path, not an URL path. You just need
to set the absolute paths of such directories, i.e. something like
/usr/local/apache2/extra-site-dirs/D instead of just D. I think
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_alias.html#Alias should be
pretty clear about that.

Regards
Sascha