httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Conditional Blocks based upon Remote IP Address
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:15:34 GMT
Clint Priest wrote:
> Well more specifically with php its a security risk to enable
> display_errors and display_startup_errors and so I'm looking for a way
> to enable those features (before php executes and thus within apache)
> for only certain remote ip addresses (the developer boxes).
>
> Do you know of a perl add-on that could do that?  I'm not a perl
> programmer but if I found some good examples I could probably modify
> something to get it to work properly.

Being a perl-guy and not being a php-guy myself, I have no idea what are
the conditions in which these errors occur, and what one would need to
do to avoid them appearing.
Basically, you seem to say that you can disable this feature for
everyone as standard, and turn it on selectively for a few.
How do you do that exactly ? (assuming you have not yet a "dynamic" way
of doing it, how would you enable this statically ?
Would that be, for example, by adding an Apache directive to the
<Location> being accessed ?