httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Conditional Blocks based upon Remote IP Address
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:04:37 GMT
Clint Priest wrote:
>>> Is there any way to have some directives apply only to certain remote ip
>>> addresses?  I would like to enable a few things only for a certain set of IP

>>> addresses.

Apart from the answers you already got, you should have a look at
SetEnvIf. This will set an Apache variable, depending on conditions
among which there might be the remote IP.
That variable then allows you to condition other things.

Of course, it all depends on what you mean by "enable a few things".
Depending on what exactly you want to do, the answer may be simple or
complex.

Also depending on which tools are available to you.
I am a mod_perl practitioner, and almost anything you could dream of,
would be possible using or creating the appropriate mod_perl add-on to
Apache.
To give you an idea, have a look here :
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/search?query=apache2&mode=dist