httpd-users mailing list archives

From Milos Jakubicek <xja...@fi.muni.cz>
Subject [users@httpd] unicode in basic auth
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:19:12 GMT
Hi all,

I've maybe a very simple problem (I can't understand I didn't find a
solution anywhere, so it must be really simple:) -- I need to use
unicode characters (encoded in utf8) in basic auth username/password field.

I don't understand why it doesn't work now, I thought that there
shouldn't be no problem: the utf8 string is encoded into base64 (i.e.
plain ASCII) on client side and then back into utf8 on the server (which
has locale en_US.utf8). But it doesn't work, characters with Czech
diacritics are on the server side totally broken.

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your time,
Milos Jakubicek