httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@newmediagateway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] redirect issue
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 21:00:12 GMT
Yoom Nguyen wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Could some one tell me what is the correct Redirect syntax and RewriteCond to get the
following
> requirements to work?
>

> This is what I currently have and it complaining.
> I am running SuSe 10.
>

> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
> RewriteRule .* -[F]
>
> RedirectMatch Permanent ^/$ http://corp.test.com/Pub/portal/desktop
> Redirect Permanent /groupMaterials/MPSERS_plan.pdf http://corp.test.com/Pub/Grials/MPSERS_Plan.pdf
> Redirect Permanent /Vis/dvDnal.pdf http://corp.test.com/Pub.pdf
> Redirect Permanent /about http://corp.test.com/PublicWeb/appr/portal/desktop?_nfpb=true&_page=bADD_pHome
>

> Complain Error when I restart apache2***
>
> Syntax error on line 25 of /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/vipcorpinuat-yast2_vhost.conf:
> Redirect takes two or three arguments, an optional status, then document to be redirected
and destination URL

> The line 25 is the second redirect line.  This line
> Redirect Permanent /groupMaterials/MPSERS_plan.pdf http://corp.test.com/Pub/Grials/MPSERS_Plan.pdf
>

> Thank you in advance for assist in this issue

Are you sure the file with these directives is what apache is
complaining about? The directives themselves look fine to me, and I
copied them verbatim to my server and it doesn't complain. Perhaps the
file itself is corrupted (something like Windows CRLF line endings
instead of UNIX LF)?

--
Justin Pasher