httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Kemper <ctkem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] change BalancerMember status if servlet fails
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:02:17 GMT
Thanks, that is a possibility, especially if I have a tomcat instance that is dedicated to
running just my servlet.

----- Original Message ----
From: André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 2:42:58 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] change BalancerMember status if servlet fails

Chris Kemper wrote:
[...]

> My question: If the servlet fails (e.g. returns a 50x http error), is there some way
I can use that to set the corresponding BalanceMember status to Err or Dis? Currently the
load balancer continues to select the failed servlet.  I've tried using an http connector
rather than ajp in the BalancerMember URLs but that made no difference.

This may sound quite rough and brutal, but it is after all an idea..
Since what you seem to want is that, when the servlet fails, that whole
Tomcat would be taken out of the circuit (disabled in the Balancer), why
don't you just shut down that Tomcat when you encounter this error ?