httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] memory usage in apache2 on debian 32 and 64bits
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:31:51 GMT
On 14.10.08 19:34, Luis Cañas Díaz wrote:
> I've been this afternoon having a look at one of my servers and I'm
> having many problems with the memory usage.

do you having performance problems, or problems from not understanding what
those numbers mean?

> I've seen in a Debian 64 bits that a apache runs every process with more
> than 100MB. This is a pain in the neck to obtain a big number of
> processes waiting for a connection.

waiting for a connection? you probably configured apache to have too many
processes/threads...

> Do I have another solution different to buy more memory?

if those processes are waiting for a connection, decreace their number.
otherwise, check how much of memory is available/used (see "free" output)

He who laughs last thinks slowest.