httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to configure Apache to processes .html file
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 16:24:03 GMT
> >># these get processed by the php interpreter (space delimited)
> >>AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .<your extension here>

> Nick Kew wrote:
> >Please don't propagate that myth.  Abusing AddType for server-side
> >handlers is a grotty hack inherited from the NCSA server, and has
> >been wrong since Apache 1.1 in 1996.
> >
> >See AddHandler.

unluckily this myth is still wide-spread across PHP docs and many package
distributions... looking at PHP docs/bugreports, they don't care much :(

On 11.09.08 14:05, Norman Peelman wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the info... have changed my php.conf file accordingly.
>
> AddHandler php5-script .php .htm

seems they don't have something like that for highlighting PHP sources, only
application/x-https-php-source...

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.