httpd-users mailing list archives

From Swapan Gupta <swapan_gu...@infosys.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How does Apache handle expired server certificate and expired CA root certificate?
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:28:48 GMT
Hi,

Appreciate if someone could share more info on the following:

Does Apache do any special handling if the installed server certificate or the CA root certificate
has expired?

In my installation, we are seeing that the expired Server certificate is sent to the client
when a resource is accessed over https.
Is this the expected behavior?

If not, do we need to do any specific configuration on Apache, which will prevent Apache from
sending the server certificate?

Please suggest what is the expected behavior in such cases when the server certificate or
the CA root certificate has expired and client accesses a resource over https.

Thanks
Swapan

Infosys e-mail system.