httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot change User for httpd.exe with Apache2.2 for Windows
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:02:43 GMT
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:39 AM, Li Xin <nixil@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a Apache2.2 for Windows today. Following the installation instructions,
I changed the 'User' in httpd.conf from 'daemon' to my local user-name, and then restarted
httpd.exe.  I saved a file from the browser and found the owner of the file is 'Administrators'.
In fact, I don't have an 'Administrators' user in my laptop. Instead, it is a group name.
I cannot figure out why the Apache doesn't take my change of the User.

It doesn't look like Apache changes userid on Windows, what
installation instructions were you following?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#user
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html

--
Eric Covener