httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap module and Microsoft AD LDAP Server
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:58:24 GMT
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Rodney Ramos <rodneyra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Eric. Thank you for your answers.
>
> I´ve tried to do what you said, setting the directive AuthBasicProvider as
> below:
>
> AuthBasicProvider ldap file
>
> But the problem is the same. Apache doen´t check the flat file, as you can
> see in the log below:

> ldap://ldapserver:3268/dc=domain,dc=com?cn, referer: http://webserver
> [Tue Oct 21 15:49:38 2008] [warn] [client 10.10.10.10] [5053] auth_ldap
> authenticate: user admin authentication failed; URI /std/cgi-bin/login.cgi
> [ldap_simple_bind_s() to check user credentials failed][Invalid
> credentials], referer: http://webserver
> [Tue Oct 21 15:49:38 2008] [error] [client 10.10.10.10] user admin:
> authentication failure for "/std/cgi-bin/login.cgi": Password Mismatch,
> referer: http://webserver

Generally, the auth providers only let someone else take a shot when
they can't lookup the username they're trying to authenticate.

Contrast with this case, where LDAP thinks it's supposed to handle it
because the user is found in LDAP but their password doesn't match.

I don't think you can try another type of auth in this case.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com