httpd-users mailing list archives

From <jg6...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Protecting a Directory
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 01:14:14 GMT
There still seems to be alot of discrepancy on this issue. Whether or not to use a .htaccess
or directive command to protect a directory so I'm looking for some answers on what works
the best usually.

Protecting a folder called xxxx

Alias /xxx "D:/"
<Directory "D:/">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

use .htaccess or how can I use the above directive to only allow a specific user in?

Confidential: This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
The information contained in this email is confidential and privileged. Any retransmission,
review, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
email in error, please let us know by reply and destroy all copies of it.