httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED <m_d_berger_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Prevent img smoothing?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 00:52:51 GMT
On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:46:43 -0700, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> Not really sure what you are trying to do but you are using a bmp image
> that is 13x20 pixels and instructing the browser to display it 200
> pixels wide.
>
> It's up to the browser to determine how to render the image file.
>
> Some of these examples might help you get what you are looking for.
>
> http://pixilla.com/temp/index.html
>
> /brad

[...]

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. First I tried a hi-res jpg which
was about 35k and looked ok, and lo-res jpg which was awful. Then
I realized that I have at most 20x13=260 different colors, so the
256 colors in a gif should represent it almost exactly.  So my 1k
file can be represented almost exactly with only 12k! ;)

Mike.