httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hodgson" <Andrew.Hodg...@allpay.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Moving website that uses full paths
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:35:06 GMT
Hi,

I am implementing a website that used to be available on
https://domain.com/, and I want it on https://domain2.com/website/.  The
problem I am finding is that the site has code in it like this:

		<link href="/file.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Which is causing the browser to go to https://domain2.com/file.css

The Apache configuration I am using for this is as follows:

[...]

Alias /website d:/websites/website
<Directory d:/websites/website>
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Is there anything I can do about this issue in Apache?  I am not sure
whether there is, since the browser is being instructed to go to the
full path, which Apache is doing correctly, but I thought I would ask
anyway.

Thanks.
Andrew.

--
allpay.net Limited, Fortis et Fides, Whitestone Business Park, Whitestone, Hereford, HR1 3SE.

Registered in England No. 02933191. UK VAT Reg. No. 666 9148 88.

Telephone: 0870 243 3434, Fax: 0870 243 6041.
Website: www.allpay.net
Email: enquiries@allpay.net

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in
error please notify the allpay.net Information Security Manager at the number above.