httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bradley Giesbrecht <b...@pixilla.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] find out group-membership with php
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 20:36:02 GMT
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht
> <brad@pixilla.com> wrote:
>> You need to get a little inventive here.
>>
>> .htaccess:
>> SetEnv dir_groups "system|managers|sales" # pipe delimited
>

> Not so useful  as it doesn't tell you which one your user is a member
> of.  Authorization info doesn't seem to be propogated by Apache.
> Eric Covener
> covener@gmail.com

The user may also be a member of multiple groups.

I don't use apache auth but here is an alternative to SetEnv.
<?php
$dir_groups = file( "htgroupd" ) ;
die ( "<pre>" . print_r ( $dir_groups , true ) . "</pre>" ) ;
?>

Personally I like to useing something other then apache auth so you
can do simple things like LOGOUT without a bunch of trickery.

Check out pear auth for something simple:
http://pear.php.net/package/auth/

//Brad