httpd-users mailing list archives

From <thomas.bl...@accenture.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Dual authN path with client certs and ldap
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:47:02 GMT
Not sure if this is possible with a single apache server instance, so
I'm curious if anyone has done this.  We want apache to be configured to
be single public entry point into our private web services.
Additionally, we want users to be able to login based on a user/pass or
a client certificate.  The user/pass would validate against an Active
Directory server with mod_auth_ldap.  The client cert path would be
handled with ssl mod.

So the question is can this be accomplish in a single apache, or do I
need one for each authN mechanism?  Anyone running this kind of setup
that could share any tips?

Thanks,

Jeff