httpd-users mailing list archives

From "B.A.S." <sturdywo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Vista install/start winsock bind error 10013
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:37:45 GMT
Arrrg! I did not realize I would need to uncomment the ServerName variable in httpd.conf when
using 127.0.0.1 during install. Whhhhyyy? Well, my bad.

I also needed to switch to port 8080. I will investigate this later, but Vista does seem to
be listening on port 80 even though I have not installed the MS web server (which comes with
Vista Ultimate). Probably some obscure feature/service I need to disable in the Vista Programs
/ Features section.