httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dobes Vandermeer" <dob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting back HTTP as-is like plain text sometimes
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:34:29 GMT
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Dragon <dragon@crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
> Dobes Vandermeer did speak thusly:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Dragon <dragon@crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
>> > Dobes Vandermeer did speak thusly:

>> > Does the browser you are using know how to handle the content type?
>>
>> It seems to be happening for pretty standard content-types, such as
>> html pages on the site, so I seem like this is the issue.
>>
>> It also happens in different browsers.
>
> OK, so then are you certain that the content type header is always being
> sent?

Yes, as far as I can tell it is always included in the HTTP dump that
I get.  Besides, which content-type includes the HTTP response headers
in it?

> I know you sent a list of headers in your original post and it was there,
> but was that for a failed request or a successful one?

It was a failed request - the only reason I had a copy of the headers
was that I saw them in the browser window.

> Other than that, I am at a loss as to what might be happening.

Me too :-(  I wish I could reproduce this more frequently so that I
could file a bug or something

--

Dobes Vandermeer
Director, Habitsoft Inc.