httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to start Apache automatically with certificate?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 05:55:09 GMT
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 18:12, Joseph S D Yao <jsdy@tux.org> wrote:

> Doing everything as root is just plain bad security.  Plan around it.

That is why sudo is so convenient. I never meant that you would need
to do everything as root, only that you needed to be able to do things
as root. I almost never do a su - root, and use sudo almost whenever I
need root powers.

I keep my config files writable only by root, and use sudoedit to edit
them. I use sudo apachectl to restart apache etc...

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org