httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bradley Giesbrecht <b...@pixilla.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Not Sure If This Is An Appache Problem Or a PHP problem
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:44:44 GMT
On Sep 25, 2008, at 9:57 PM, Xpert Advice wrote:

> grrrrrrrr  Ok that didnt work either.  Moved it again to the windows
> directory and restarted everything and still nothing.  This must be
> a bad trick that my computer is playing on me.  Does it have
> anything to do with windows vista?  And yes I finally turned off the
> user account control.  Im pasting the original message below in case
> we missed something.
>

> Hello,
> I am trying to test that php is working properly with apache and
> with mysql and I keep getting the following error:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in C:
> \Apache2.2\htdocs\mysql_up.php on line 13
>
> Now I have done absolutely everything that I have read in all of
> these forums and it still is not working.  Below is a list of all
> that I have done so far:
>    1.  Addded PHP to the windows path by going to "Advanced System
> Settings" and adding C:/php to the path.
>    2.  The php.ini file is currently located at c:/php/php.ini
>    3.  I have tried moving the php.ini file to the windows folder of
> my computer that didnt work.
>    4.  I have removed the restrictive comment from the extension
> php_mysqli.dll
>   5.  I have re started apache several times.
>   6.  Php in itself does seem to be working because I did create a
> test php page and below is what shows up on that page.  From what I
> have read the fact that the loadedconfiguration file section is
> blank means that my computer is not able to locate the php.ini file
> but i honestly have no clue where else to put it because i've tried
> copying it everywhere to no avail.
>
> Please help if you can.  Below is what I got from a test page when i
> tested php alone on apache...however when i try to test if all three
> are working i get the above error.
>

> Tianja Samuel-George
> President

Seeing you are on windows vista I'm guessing you are setting up a dev
environment.

Consider using a package like xampp. Xampp as memory serves uses all
relative paths in conf files, can be installed anywhere like your
Desktop as an example and you can just delete the dir if you want it
to go away. You can always look at how it's put together to possibly
understand the problems your having.

There may be better packages for windows then xampp and since I don't
use windows I can't vouch for it though this has worked for artist
type friends of mine on windows.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

//Brad