httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathon Jonathon" <thejunk...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Creating a relocatable build of apache
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:33:53 GMT
Hello all,

I've looked all over google for "apache relocatable" as well as the archive
for this mailing list and I've had no luck, so I've decided to post a
message.

I am currently building apache on my build machine at:
"/path/to/apache/source"  and everything works great.  However, when I copy
this "build" of apache over to my production machine, and try to start up
apache, it seems that it is looking for all the files in the incorrect
paths.  I was wondering what are some conventional, non-invasive approaches
to making this run perfectly on my production machine?

It would be really convenient if there was an environment variable I could
set that points to the path of apache.

Thanks,
Jon