httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gallardo, Lisa" <Li...@susd12.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Sspi login prompts - enable more than one
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:45:55 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]

Or maybe this :
would it be acceptable for your users to use a different hostname depending on wether they
are inside or outside ?
If yes, then it would be a bit easier : you could set up two Virtual Hosts (one for inside
and one for outside) and have a different authentication method on each (sspi inside, another
outside).
That would at least avoid the issue of having two authentication methods working together.
Your Virtual Hosts could share the same document space (DocumentRoot directory).

----

Andre, the last option you mentioned above sounds doable but I have some questions. Do both
point to the same domain name like intranet.org? Or do I have to have another domain name
for outside? I guess I'm not sure how to have the intranet virtual host show up when in the
network vs. the virtual host showing up when outside the network? How does the browser/server
know which one to call up?

I've printed out your explaination as well, it's really helpful thank so much.