httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gallardo, Lisa" <Li...@susd12.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSPI second prompt
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:13:33 GMT

 -----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Wellington [mailto:wellingtonsteve@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:36 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] SSPI second prompt

On 9/4/08, Gallardo, Lisa <LisaG@susd12.org> wrote:
> Greetings,
>  I am using sspi to authenticate users against active directory. When
> the  site opens users get a login prompt but if they incorrectly enter

> their  login information they get the Authorization Required error and

> can't  refresh or go back to get the login again. They have to quit
> the  browser. Can I set up Apache so that it will give at least three

> prompts? I'm using Windows 2003, apache 2.0.x.
>  Thank you.
>  Lisa

As far as I know, the browser decides when to stop asking for login
details - I've certainly had different experiences with each browser.

Of course I might be talking rubbish - sorry I can't help more!
Steve

Thanks for your reply Stephen. I'm wondering now if you are right,
although I know I've been given another login prompt at other sites on
IE/Firefox.

IS this correct, that browsers control how many login prompts are
presented to the user?