httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PDO install kills webserver
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:11:07 GMT
slartybartfast wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a server (on Ubuntu Hardy Heron) with SSH, Apache2, PHP
> 5.2.x, Ruby, ProFtpd, and PostgreSQL 8.3, and want to use PDO.  I set up
> everything but the PDO, and all works beautifully - very pleased with myself
> as I've never touched Linux before.  Then I try to set up PDO, and I plummet
> to earth with a thud.
>
> I run:
> pecl install pdo
> pecl install pdo_pgsql
>
> I add to php.ini:
> extension=pdo.so
> extension=pdo_pgsql.so
>
> then restart apache:
> /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload
> /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
>
> and I get the message
> httpd (no pid file) not running
>
> and from that point on I could not browse to my webserver, got...
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.100.
>
> Never had that error before until I installed PDO, and was able to get a
> connection.  So I rebuilt the server from bottom up, documenting every step,
> and again all was working until I installed PDO and changed the php.ini file
> -- then Apache (or something) breaks.

Try asking on the PHP lists - I have no doubt that pdo_pgsql.so is the
problem, so simply disabling that line in php.ini should then allow apache to
start. It is failing probably because something is not set right on the link
between pdo_pgsql and pastgres but we would need a little more detail to
establish the setup of these.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL