httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@newmediagateway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Disable keepalive at runtime
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:01:58 GMT
howard chen wrote:
> Currently I have an runtime environment variable to tell if a client
> want keepalive or not, specified by their cookie value,
>
> e.g.
>
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} ^.*NO_KEEPALIVE=TRUE.*$
> RewriteRule ^.*$ - [E=NO_KEEPALIVE:1]
>

> Is it possible, based on the environment variable to runtime disable
> the HTTP keepalive function?
>
> [Algorithm]
>
> if envirnment_variable["NO_KEEPALIVE"] == 1 then
>
> 	KeepAlive = Off
>

> Or any similar way to set?
>
> Thanks.

You're not going to be able to do that. Thinking about the programming
logistics of it, it would require the apache processes to be able to
dynamically change configuration options on the fly, which sounds like
it would be extremely messy. It would also have to be defined in some
sort of "user created" container context, and KeepAlive is only support
in the global config and vhosts.

--
Justin Pasher