httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts - main site disappears with vhosts
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:00:24 GMT
Uwe Dippel wrote:

> I simply didn't want to invite too many people; it is a publicly
> accessible FQDN.

Yes, exactly, it is a PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE url, and the fast way to test
something is just to look at it. So why hiding it?

>> And what is the httpd.conf BEFORE the
>> changes?
>
> I was afraid, it might be too long. Now it is attached.

In your httpd.conf, just after the 'DocumentRoot' there is:

DocumentRoot "/var/www/htdocs"

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule   ^/$  /v2/  [R]

Maybe the problem is that your 'RewriteRule' now doesn't do anything
anymore?

Davide

--
Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User Environment