httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Williams <awill...@mdah.state.ms.us>
Subject [users@httpd] pointing documentroot to a file instead of a directory
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:45:31 GMT
Is there a way or a command like documentroot but points to a file
instead of a directory?  I'm running Apache httpd 2.2 on fedora 9 linux
and have a the files /pubs/ma.html and /pubs/jmh.html, but when I tried
documentroot I get the error upon running apachectl start:

Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/sites/mdah-live/pubs/ma.html] does not exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/sites/mdah-live/pubs/jmh.html] does not
exist
Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/sites/mdah-live/pubs/jmh.html] does not
exist

what I have in my httpd.conf for them is:

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName msarchaeology.com
        ServerAlias *.msarchaeology.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/sites/mdah-live/pubs/ma.html
        UserDir disable
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName journalmshistory.com
        ServerAlias *.journalmshistory.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/sites/mdah-live/pubs/jmh.html
        UserDir disable
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName journalmshistory.org