httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuration Problems
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:41:10 GMT
Xpert Advice wrote:
[...]
Hi.

Not knowing Vista, I have not much to contribute, but a little bit of
advice :

Re : C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf

If you are really at the beginning, and if this is not forbidden in
Vista, I would suggest to de-install your Apache package, and re-install
it in a directory such as "C:\Apache2.2" or even "C:\Apache2".
That will take you 5 minutes now, and save you later many keystrokes,
many typos and many headaches.
Paths with spaces in them bite you sooner or later, and that one is
really terrible. Can't even paste it into an email without wrapping it
around.
And think of your <Directory> sections in your httpd.conf later..

I really don't know why the Apache Windows package creators embed such a
terrible path by default in that installer.