httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: close to success with RewriteRule
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:17:07 GMT
Alain Roger wrote:
[...]
> so if i understood well, apache understands as comment only and only if the
> line starts by "#" character at position 1.
Not exactly, but something like that :
- a line where the first non-blank character is a "#" will always be
seen as a comment.  The # does not have to be at position 1, but it
should only have spaces or tabs before it.

That is definitely the safest way.

- apart from that, as I understand it, whether a comment at the end of a
command will be a problem or not, depends on the type of command.  If it
is a command that can take several parameters separated by spaces, then
it will be a problem, because your comment will be understood as a
parameter.

Anyone with a more rigorous answer ?