httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@newmediagateway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite question
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:09:13 GMT
Alain Roger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to rewrite some of my pages so i have the following
> .htaccess file under my subfolder _sub/test/
>
> Options +FollowSymlinks
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^article-([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)\.php$
> article.php?numero=$1&page=$2  [L]
>
> i also have 1 file article.php which only display the numero and page
> arguments.
>
> therefore when my browser try to reach the page article-1234-5.php (as
> written into my address bar of my browser), apache redirect it to
> article.php?numero=1234&page=5
>
> however i get the 500 error.
> i do not get the 500 error if i comment the Options +FollowSymlinks
> (with #), but in this case i get a 404 Not Found (/_sub/test/article.php)
>
> what is the problem ?
> thx.

The 500 error is probably due to the directory not being setup to allow
overrides in .htaccess (see the AllowOverride directive). Whether or not
it is affecting your rewrite rules depends on whether your files or
directories are symlinks. Check the apache error log to see what what
page the browser is attempting to pull.

--
Justin Pasher