httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Spliting ServerRoot
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:23:34 GMT
I've just had a problem on a site that I need to get fixed properly.

I should probably have taken a bit more care when I set thing up, but at that
time I missed one thing, and that was that the log files default to ServerRoot.

I don't want to move the configuration files from /etc/ but I need to move all
the logging over to /usr2/ so that it does not fill the base 8Gb partition -
and crash the server :(

Is there a 'global' setting which will move the base log directory or do I
have to handle each logging directive manually? This is on a Mandiva 2008.0
setup which uses /etc/httpd/ but on the SUSE setup I seem already to have the
logging split, and can't see why it's different.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL