httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP and .htaccess
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:22:51 GMT
Alain Roger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if i make a compilation of all information i have between PHP and apache
> RewriteRule i have an issue.
>
> let's take an example.
>
> 1. user types in his favorite browser www.website.com
> 2. www.website.com/index.php redirects user to
> www.website.com/en/welcome/(index.php within /welcome) thanks the
> following command: header("Location:
> http://www.website.com/en/welcome/");
> 3. however, as /en/welcome does not exist, apache sends an error message:
> The requested URL /se_internet/en/welcome/ was not found on this server.
>
> even if i have in my .htaccess file:
> RewriteRule ^/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/welcome/$ /welcome/index.php?lang=$1 [NC,L]
>
> 4. user should at the end have in his browser address bar
> http://www.website.com/en/welcome (knowing that apache would reroute him to
> www.website.com/welcome/index.php?lang=en)
>
> so where is the problem ?
> is there a problem with RewriteRule when you reroute only virtual folders ?

Alain, let me insist.
Did you configure a RewriteLog and RewriteLogLevel, and did you look at
the resulting lines, to see what happens ?
It may save you a lot of wondering.

Apart from that, from the above I guess that somewhere you have a config
line like
DirectoryIndex index.php
and another one allowing directory indexes, in each of the directories
to which you may be redirected. Yes ?
If you did not allow directory indexes in your target directories, then
that might explain why Apache is not looking for "index.php" and says
"not found".